Ways to Buy
Here at Willowbrook, we have a range of products and services designed to make your home purchase as easy as possible.
From Help to Buy to Assisted Move, or even a bespoke incentive package, we’ve got something to suit your needs.
- Help to Buy -
The Help to Buy scheme is a government-backed initiative for first-time buyers, as well as people moving up the property ladder.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1) The buyer puts down an initial 5% of the property purchase price as a deposit.
2) The government then adds a 20% equity loan to the deposit.
3) This equity loan is interest-free for the first five years after which there is an interest charge of 1.75% on the loan.
4) With this 25% deposit in place, the buyer then applies to get a 75% mortgage from a bank or building society.
1) The property bought must cost £600,000 or less.
2) You cannot own another property except the one you’re buying.
3) It’s only available on new build homes.
WHAT’S THE BENEFIT?
If you have trouble getting enough money together for a deposit, Help to Buy means you only need to save for a 5% deposit with the government lending the rest.
You should also get a better mortgage interest rate as you only have a 75% (55%) mortgage to pay.
Speak to one of our financial advisors for more information on how Help to Buy works and your eligibility.
You can also find out more at www.helptobuy.gov.uk
- Assisted Move -
With Assisted Move, Latimer will handle the process of selling your existing property, helping you to enjoy the experience of buying your new home at Willowbrook.
Here’s how it works…*
1) You choose your new home at Willowbrook and we put this on hold for a period while we work towards getting your home sold.
2) We arrange three valuation appraisals with local estate agents and agree a selling strategy with you to market your home.
3) We enter into an agreement with you and instruct two estate agents to market your property with a pre-agreed timescale and asking price.
4) Once a buyer is found who can proceed to exchange within the 28 day reservation period, you can reserve your new Willowbrook home by completing a reservation agreement.
5) We manage the whole process and on legal completion we pay the estate agent fees.
*Please note, terms & conditions apply. Please speak to your Sales Executive for further details.