Ways to buy
At Willowbrook Cranleigh we have a number of products and services designed to make your home purchase as easy as possible.
If you have any queries what so ever, please do speak to a member of the sales team for more information.
Help to Buy
The Help to Buy scheme is a government-backed initiative for first-time buyers, as well as people moving up the property ladder.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1) The buyer puts down an initial 5% of the property purchase price as a deposit.
2) The government then adds a 20% equity loan to the deposit.
3) This equity loan is interest-free for the first five years after which there is an interest charge of 1.75% on the loan.
4) With this 25% deposit in place, the buyer then applies to get a 75% mortgage from a bank or building society.
1) The property bought must cost £600,000 or less.
2) You cannot own another property except the one you’re buying.
3) It’s only available on new build homes.
WHAT’S THE BENEFIT?
If you have trouble getting enough money together for a deposit, Help to Buy means you only need to save for a 5% deposit with the government lending the rest.
You should also get a better mortgage interest rate as you only have a 75% (55%) mortgage to pay.
Speak to one of our financial advisors for more information on how Help to Buy works and your eligibility.
You can also find out more at www.helptobuy.gov.uk
With Assisted Move, Latimer will handle the process of selling your existing property, helping you to enjoy the experience of buying your new home at Willowbrook.
Here’s how it works…
1) You choose your new home at Willowbrook and we put this on hold for a period while we work towards getting your home sold.
2) We arrange three valuation appraisals with local estate agents and agree a selling strategy with you to market your home.
3) We enter into an agreement with you and instruct two estate agents to market your property with a pre-agreed timescale and asking price.
4) Once a buyer is found who can proceed to exchange within the 28 day reservation period, you can reserve your new Willowbrook home by completing a reservation agreement.
5) We manage the whole process and on legal completion we pay the estate agent fees.
The Small Print
1) Assisted Move is only available on selected homes.
2) We will instruct three local estate agents to value your property to achieve a sale within 28 days.
3) On receipt of the marketing report we will propose an asking price to achieve an agreed minimum selling price within the 28 day period.
4) If you agree to go ahead on those terms you will sign an Assisted Move agreement and we will remove the Willowbrook home from the market for a period of 28 days. A reservation fee of £1,000 is payable at that point.
5) We will then instruct two local estate agents to market your home on a joint agency basis. The agents will be managed by us throughout the process to maximise all opportunities of achieving a buyer within the stated period.
6) If a sale is agreed your property will be withdrawn from the market and you will sign a reservation form for your Willowbrook home. You then have a period of 28 days to exchange contracts.
Estate agents fees are covered up to a maximum value pre-approved by Latimer based on receipt of the marketing report. If at the end of the initial period a sale has not been achieved on your home, we will either refund the reservation fee or extend the period. Please note, following receipt of the initial report we reserve the right to decline the Assisted Move scheme on any property. Should at any time you refuse to allow viewings unless acting reasonably or prejudice any potential sale, we reserve the right to cancel the Assisted Move agreement and re-market the Willowbrook home.